SAP is the largest and most important software system in an organization, but getting access to the data within SAP has always been difficult. If you’ve ever tried to connect to any of the SAP products with Alteryx, Power BI, Tableau, Snowflake, etc., you know the challenge!
Luckily, our partner saw the challenge and developed a solution to simplify working with SAP data. DVW Analytics gives users the ability to read and write from and to nearly every SAP product with a simple interface. It supports all the most common BI and data analysis tools including Alteryx, Power BI, Tableau, etc., and security is configurable to ensure no one has access to things they shouldn’t.
If you have processes outside SAP, they probably require dumping data into Excel or having IT build a custom application. Processes our clients have struggled with include:
- Reconciling and consolidating data from SAP and other systems
- Connecting SAP and other systems to keep them both in sync
- Building reports or dashboards with SAP and other system data
- Using tools for analyzing data that are more user-friendly than SAP tools
- Building predictive models or using forecasting tools outside of SAP
- Migrating to or from SAP or upgrading where data extraction and loading is required
Whether you love or hate SAP, it’s an incredibly important system holding most of a company’s financial, supply chain, inventory, budgeting/planning, customer, and industry-specific data. Unlocking that data resolves a major headache and opens endless possibilities.