Last updated: October 11, 2022
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through our software applications, including but not limited to the iGB Platform.
This policy is not applicable to any information collected offline or through any other means or from any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, and telephone number (“personal information”);
- That is about you but does not individually identify you, such as well ownership information through our iGB Platform; and
- About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website or use the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From other iGB Platform users.
- From third parties, such as our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect through the Services may include:
- When you register for an account or fill out a form on the Website, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
- If you contact us directly, we may receive information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
You also may provide information to be transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
Details of your use of our Services, including communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Google Analytics. Pages on our website collect information that can be used for marketing purposes for Google Ads and Google Analytics.
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Web Beacons. Pages of our Services and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Capitalize, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- To present our Services and their content to you.
- Improve, personalize, and expand our Services.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Understand and analyze how you use our Services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provided it.
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Services, and for marketing and promotional purposes.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our goods and services from Capitalize that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Third Party Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Capitalize’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Capitalize about its users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our iGB License Agreement, Master Services Agreement, and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Capitalize Consulting LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Capitalize. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Capitalize to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to Capitalize as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or obligation or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete or request deletion of your Well Reports from the Services, copies of your Well Reports may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Services users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Services, including User Contributions, is governed by our iGB License Agreement.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.