Worldwide supply chains have been rocked by:
- Pandemics and wars
- Severe weather events and changes
- Port congestion, cargo delays, and container backlogs
Optimized supply chains generally have 15% overall costs, less than 50% inventory holdings, and a faster cash-to-cash cycle by nearly three times compared to under-optimized supply chains.
The challenges and realities supply chain teams deal with are:
- Data sets are often too large and far too complex for Excel, with thousands of suppliers, parts, etc.
- Working in Excel becomes a nightmare. Building cost or inventory models take days or weeks to compile.
- Processes aren’t automated, so they become error-prone, complex to maintain, and require many hours to update.
Successful supply chains achieve breakthrough business outcomes by leveraging analytics automation on internal and external data. These technologies will help supply chain teams:
- Easily handle complex data sets with ease.
- Build out repeatable processes that can be audited and documented.
- Erase manual and tedious tasks typical with Excel.
- Free up the time to work on deeper analytical insights gathering to identify increased efficiencies in the procurement process, reduction in labor and operational costs, and improve supplier diversity.
Watch our “Optimizing Supply Chain Analytics Automation Using Alteryx & UiPath” webinar above to see how to automate your supply chain team’s manual data processes, leveraging Robotic Process Automation (RPA) & Alteryx and to begin the more complex geospatial, predictive, and forecasting work they wish they had time for!