Systems & Database Administrator
We’re searching for people who are passionate about technology, data, collaboration and learning!
Capitalize is a well-established consulting firm that is rapidly growing. We offer the opportunity to work with other talented individuals in a supportive, community-focused culture. As a Systems & Database Administrator, you will be in a client-facing role, leveraging our technologies to help your clients establish and maintain databases compatible with their needs. The Database Administrator is responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical multi-client database systems. This role is also responsible for ensuring availability and predictable performance of database systems. By joining our team, you will be given opportunities to solve unique challenges and be a part of something very exciting as you grow your career!
We have locations in Houston, Dallas and Denver. However, we also operate under the “work from home” concept. This allows us to have a fluid, non-traditional and relaxed culture while still having avenues in place to collaborate as a team. We accept candidates from across the United States!
Travel 25% – 50% required.
- Responsible for monitoring, backup, maintaining, supporting, troubleshooting all databases.
- Gather statistics and streamline queries made to databases.
- Network troubleshooting as it pertains to the databases.
- Active Directory integration of databases.
- Monitor, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot databases and database servers.
- Databases instances and servers, as well as their application servers. Minimal monitoring requirements: database is available, database is out of connections, CPU usage, disk usage, disk availability. DBAs are alerted when agreed thresholds are violated.
- Provide patch and upgrade recommendations.
- Assist in planning patches and upgrades.
- Patch and upgrade databases as requested.
- Design and implement new databases, tables, schema, or queries for new projects and initiatives.
- Create and maintain documentation and architectural diagrams.
- 3 – 5+ years of direct DBA experience.
- Strong SQL and database knowledge, namely Cloud database (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Strong MongoDB & MongoDB Atltas administration knowledge
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Undergraduate degree in a technology related field (experience in lieu of education may be considered).
Technical experience in:
- Exposure to the following technologies:
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) (Preferred)
- Data Warehousing, columnar database, and OLAP concepts (Snowflake, Vertica, AWS, Azure, Google, On Prem)
- Unstructured Data
- Machine Learning and Predictive Modeling
- Supply Chain
- Marketing Analytics
- HR Analytics