Your Business Is Made up of Many Pieces and to Truly Know Your Business, a Complete View, Current and Past, Is Needed.
Very few IT buzz words cause as much confusion as “data warehouse.” We believe that a data warehouse is a very real and attainable goal that can start as a small project and grow to support your enterprise. The value of a Data Warehouse is real and with the correct guidance and strategy, every organization regardless of size can realize that value.
What is Data Warehousing?
In a nutshell, it’s a centralized storage space for data from multiple sources, providing a consolidated view that is optimized for fast and easy reporting. Business users can quickly access important data from a number of sources, all in one place, which allows them to make critical business decisions, quickly, no more wasting precious time digging around to find data from multiple sources.
Why Use Data Warehousing?
- Collect data from multiple sources and integrate it into a single database so a single query engine can be used to depict the data.
- Maintain data history
- Integrate data from multiple source systems, enabling a central view across the entire company.
- Improve data quality and flagging or even fixing bad data.
- Consistently present reliable information for the organization.
- Provide a single common data model for all data of interest regardless of the data’s source.
- Streamline the data so that it makes sense to all of the business users.
- Restructure the data so that it delivers excellent query performance.
- Add value to operational business applications.
Get a Data Warehousing Consultation
Schedule your complimentary consultation with one of our data warehousing experts today. Capitalize Consulting is here to guide you through the steps involved in the data warehousing project cycle.